Saturday, April 3, 2021

Norwex Window Cloth Review

Norwex Window Cloth and EnviroCloth sample. 
 

I was hesitant to try Norwex products, so I signed up for some free samples. The purple cloth above is a Window Cloth sample and the grey cloth is an EnviroCloth sample. I chose to use the samples on a mirror in my room, which gets dirty daily as my son leaves beautiful artwork when rubbing his face all over it or licking it. I wanted to see if Norwex was up to the task of removing the beautiful swirls and smears so my son would have a fresh canvas to work with once again. 

In all seriousness, however, I found the cloths to be quite effective. It took some extra work to produce the results I was looking for as the samples are quite small, but it gave me an initial idea of how the products work.

The first step is to dampen the EnviroCloth with water. You then wipe down the mirror to get most of the dirt and grime off. The next step is to use a dry window cloth to pick-up any remaining muck on the surface as well as buff it to give it a streak-free appearance. 

I made the mistake of using the window cloth wet when I first used the samples. However, I have since had the opportunity to use the damp EnviroCloth followed by the dry Window Cloth. The results are much cleaner and quicker. When I had used the Window Cloth wet, it didn't pick up as much of the grime that remained as it did when I used it dry. In addition, there was moisture left behind when I had used the cloth wet. When using the Window Cloth dry as a follow-up to the EnvroCloth, it leaves a streak free, polished look. 

The before and after pictures I will share aren't a true reflection of the full product ability as I didn't use the second cloth as a dry one for my first experiment. I tried to follow-up with a paper towel afterwards due the excess moisture, but the paper towels left lint. I should have used a dry Norwex cloth of some kind to follow-up, but didn't have one clean. And, like I said, the samples were so small it was hard to work with them fully. I do appreciate the samples, though, as it does give you an idea of how they work.

"Before" Dirty Mirror


 

After Using EnviroCloth & Window Cloth

I have since had the opportunity to use the full EnviroCloth and Window Cloth versions. I was hesitant of the product due to my first experience and not using the Window Cloth dry, but now I'm amazed at how efficient these two cloths are together on windows and mirrors. It's so fast to use the cloths and amazing how easy it is. Just a quick wipe down with both cloths, and the job is complete. In addition, I feel good knowing that no chemicals are used on the mirrors or windows. My son and the animals in the house will inevitably rub their faces on surfaces again, and it will be great that they aren't picking up any chemicals sprayed on the glass.

I will note that there are certain instances where you can use the Window Cloth wet, but for me I find the wet EnviroCloth followed by the dry Window Cloth for buffing afterward leads to the best results on mirrors and windows. It is also the smoothest, easiest method for cleaning, in my opinion.

However, some people prefer to do a light mist on their windows and then use the Window Cloth to clean-up, so that's an option as well. I know what works for me now, but everyone is different. It's a bit of an experiment to see what works for your household, but the learning curve is easy and intuitive. It's a bit weird not using cleaners after using them for so long, but I am sold on this new method and will continue to use it. And with that, I recommend that you give this cloth combo a try!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment